This Mystery is History!
Thursday, June 5, 2008

The past several weeks Wyatt has come into the kitchen desperately pleading for a "honey pop". Of course, unable to effectively translate toddler jargon, I assumed there must be something in the house resembling Winnie the Pooh's beloved honey pot that he so desperately wanted but was perhaps out of his reach. Much to both of our dismay, every attempt to get out of him exactly what he wanted ended with Wyatt violently throwing himself to the floor in a fit of rage--probably because he had realized that because his mother was such a moron, he (once again) was not going to get his precious "honey pop".



But when we met some friends for dinner last night, the restaurant had complimentary Dum Dum lollipops to help "entertain" the wee ones. Being the "sucker" parents that we are, finally gave in to the temptation to enjoy a bit of uninterrupted adult conversation and let him have one (okay, maybe two).

Wyatt's response?

"Mmm...HONEY POP!"

Well, thank the Lord! At least now when he asks for a "honey pop" and doesn't get it, I might just be a little less affected by his convulsion-like fits of rage.



Wine Selection: Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ***Good***

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Hahaha!!! Isn't it such a relief when you finally figure out what the crap they want? It reminds me of when my baby brother was little....he was asking my dad for a "wamfacker". Eh? Turns out he wanted a graham cracker.

June 6, 2008 at 10:16 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771