Blogging Lull
Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Apparently life gets pretty boring after 30, for it has been a very slow week in blogging. We've actually been very busy now that Avery is transitioning to just a single nap in the afternoon, but aside from the grandparents, I'm sure one can only handle so many pictures of my kids at the park! I'm still trying to adjust to this new-found freedom of leaving the house for extended periods of time without the mad dash to get home in time for someone's nap. It has definitely been a breath of fresh air (literally!).

We're also in the midst of trying to iron out our upcoming weekend plans. Eric is attempting yet again to get me to agree to a camping adventure, just as he has virtually every weekend the past 3 years! It has been an ongoing battle that I've somehow managed to win, but I'm afraid my overflowing well of excuses is finally starting to run dry. It's not the camping that bothers me, as much as it is trying to anticipate and pack accordingly everyone's clothing and dietary needs while simultaneously assimilating in my mind the best course of action for ensuring a good night's sleep for everyone involved. Seriously, if we can't fit a pack-n-play into a tent, I don't think anyone stands a chance of catching any Zzzzz's!! Even then, there's just really no way of knowing how Avery will respond in an outdoor sleep environment. I know...I'm being rather pessimistic about the whole thing. I'm sure both kids will do just fine. But after enduring major sleep deprivation the first 14 months of motherhood (Wyatt would only sleep 1-2 hour stretches), I get a little cranky when I suspect my sleep might be voluntarily compromised. Can you blame me? If we decide to give it a go, I'm sure I'll be back with a few interesting stories--better known as "Griswold moments" in our household.

Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write about in the next couple of days--which reminds me--I was tagged by Rachel to complete one of those get-to-know-you type questionnaires. Maybe I'll do that. I usually don't, but since I was called out by name I sort of feel peer-pressured into doing it. I'm sure it was all part of her devious plan. Thanks Rach!

To avoid the wrath of the grandparents, I thought it wise to post at least one picture of the kids from the past week. After an exhaustive search, this is the best one I could find.


It's just been one of those weeks. What can I say?

Wine Selection: Black Mountain Chardonnay
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: Trader Joe's special. It's okay. Definitely not a favorite.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I'm with you! I never want to do anything that could compromise Nathan's sleeping!

July 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

I am sooo with you on the camping/sleeping worries. I think about our trip up to your neck of the woods and I'm really excited...but I am totally stressed about the sleep situation. Camping, different time zone, weird outdoor noises, lots to do during the day and not much time for two naps. God help me...I see an overtired and cranky child.

July 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Never mess with sleep habits that you've worked SO long to cultivate - that's what I say! Plus, I'm not so much a camper anyway... I prefer to spend a great day outdoors and then sleep in my own bed.

BTW, you're welcome on the tag. Bwahahahaha!! (That's my devious laugh.)

July 16, 2008 at 5:32 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771