Confronting Fears
Friday, July 4, 2008

Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not afraid of making messes. In fact, I kind of enjoy them, especially when cooking. After all, they can be cleaned. But for some reason, play-doh really scares me. Until now, I haven't allowed it to be played with in my house, for I can't seem to escape the frightening images of brightly colored play-doh being forever embedded into our carpet. But yesterday, I finally decided to confront my fear and bought Wyatt his first play-doh kit. What I discovered is that it's really not as scary as it looks. In fact, I'm not sure who has been having more fun with it---the kids or the adults. We have very strictly communicated the rules about play-doh staying in the kitchen, and so far so good.

"Hisssss" first play-doh sculpture

It's his way of preparing Mommy for what we might see on the trails this weekend. I'm not sure I can tackle two fears in one weekend. That's asking quite a bit, don't you think? Play-doh, I can do. Rattlesnakes, not so much.






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

What a cute picture of Wyatt! Did he make that snake all by himself???

July 4, 2008 at 11:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771