He's 'Hooked'!
Monday, July 7, 2008


We went hiking on the Salmon River Trail in the Mt. Hood National Forest yesterday. It's not only a nice hiking spot, but it's also great for fly fishing--one of Eric's many extracurricular passions for which he would love to make more time.

Wyatt has only heard his daddy talk about fishing, and has occasionally had the opportunity to hold the beloved fly rod. But it wasn't until yesterday that he finally understood what it meant to catch a fish.

Oh boy...he was so excited when he first laid eyes on his first wild cutthroat trout. I think it was a pretty special moment for Eric too! I, on the other hand, was just happy that he finally caught one so we could resume our hike along the trail! :-) I appreciate Eric's love for the sport (I really do), but I just don't receive much satisfaction from watching him. Much to his dismay, I find it rather boring. But I have to admit, Wyatt's reaction to his daddy catching a fish was priceless!


Trying to hook one


BINGO!


Holding his first baby trout before releasing it back to the wild

Wyatt had been begging for a fishing pole of his own prior to this event. I'm sure we'll never hear the end of it now!







1 Comments:
Blogger Lori had this to say:

Hello Catrina,

Nate has turned our 3rd bedroom into his very own fly tying room. He spends lots of time in it and now Avery likes to try and help. Avery and Addison both love to fish so much so that we are having Avery's b-day party at Bass Pro.

By the way I enjoy reading your blog.

Lori Martin(Jones)

July 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771