I Give Up.
Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've pretty much given up on the possibility of ever capturing a photo in which both of my kids are looking at the camera, expressions ever-so-pleasant, and at least appearing as though they actually like one another. I stopped trying months ago to achieve such an impossible feat on my own, and have since been relying on the professionals to try and capture that one glorious moment--you know, when all of the stars are perfectly aligned, eyes twinkling, and smiles stretched ear to ear. A moment kind of like this one:


"Who are these children?", you may ask. Well, they're certainly NOT mine. They must be little models hired by the photography studio, right...tricking you into thinking you can actually walk away with a photo like this one for your precious family album.

Nope. They are my friend Shelley's kids, Brayden and Sienna. You see, our kids are the exact same ages, and we take them to the same photography studio, Yuen Lui. Shelley had the great fortune of bringing home this picture of her two precious gems, most likely to a gorgeous frame that is now adorning the walls of their beautiful home.

Meanwhile, what does Catrina get to come home with?

BINGO!!
One little bully stealing a flower from his baby sister, then
proceeding to hit her with it. Lovely.
Just lovely, I tell you.

Of course, I had the option to come back for more torture (I mean, "re-takes"), but I'm fairly confident I'd get a similar result, so I decided not to put myself through the agony. We'll just try again in two more months when I take Wyatt in for his 3rd birthday pictures. I can just imagine the chaos now. Is it too early for Calgon to take me away?



Wine Selection:
Tin Roof Cellars Merlot
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: Very rich in flavor with some extremely bold cherry flavors popping out at you, which I usually have a hard time distinguishing. The finish was a little weak, but the front was so flavorful that I can see past a few imperfections. Great complex merlot. Highly recommended.

Labels:






5 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

That flower thief picture is ADORABLE!!! Seriously - I can't believe you have a single complaint about that photo. I love it!!! The session must have been stressful or something for you to not think that's a fabulous shot. :-)

July 26, 2008 at 10:47 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

That picture of Wyatt and Avery is absolutely adorable! It is ESPECIALLY adorable when you hear the story behind the flower! Too funny (& cute)!

July 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I think it's a cute photo! More real life than posed!

July 27, 2008 at 2:46 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Your tale of woe reminds me of my mom trying to get a decent photo of one of my little brothers... he kept making faces and refused to crack a decent smile. She finally ended up just buying one of the "outtakes" and figured at least it showed his personality! I think it's way more fun to see their cute little personalities showing, and knowing the story behind the picture...priceless.

July 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

I think it's a great picture Catrina!! So cute! It shows their personalities and doesn't look posed.

I stress about getting Clara's picture taken every time. I can't imagine the ulcers I'll give myself when I have another. :)

July 28, 2008 at 12:27 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771