Life In the Fast Lane
Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There's something about the first birthday that seems to jump-start life into high gear. Perhaps it's the nicer weather, or maybe the fact that we're no longer homebound due to a morning nap, but it certainly isn't showing any signs of slowing down for us in the near future. In fact, I've been working diligently to iron out a fall activity schedule for everyone, and I've found the process to be much more difficult than I ever thought it would be. But I suppose it's great practice for a future soccer mom--juggling back-to-back activities and trying to be at two places at once. Hopefully scientists will get this whole cloning thing figured out between now and then so I won't have to worry about it!




Now that Avery is toddling around and showing more of an interest in learning and playing, I'm planning to enroll her in a music class one day a week for the rest of the summer. She'll be in there with Wyatt, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing considering he's such an attention hog. But I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Once Wyatt turns three, I'm hoping to get him involved in a drop-off activity so I can accompany Avery in a class of her very own. Again, the stars must be perfectly aligned for all of the timing to work out, but I'm hoping we'll get lucky!






As you can see, I finally managed to get around to having her 12-month photos taken. I must be just about a month behind on everything, because it wasn't until yesterday that we finally made it in for her 12-month doctor visit. Better late than never, I guess. She handled those pesky shots like a trooper and was even given a nice Dr. Seuss book (right up her alley) as a reward for her bravery. In addition to growing like a weed, she's learning to communicate at a much faster rate than it seems her brother did. She will point, grunt, or growl for something she wants and will sometimes say "peez" if you ask her to. She's still trying to learn to hold her own when it comes to having such a rough and tumbly big brother, but overall I think she's doing well. She still sleeps like a champ, which makes everyone very happy!

13-month stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 14.8 oz (40th percentile)
Length: 30 inches (70th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 inches (70th percentile)






2 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Love the pictures!!! I really do like the white backgrounds the best. I'm actually a bit surprised at how big Avery is...she looks so petite compared to Sienna (not to mention that Sienna wears one size larger) and their length isn't really that much different! It must be the fact that Sienna weighs about 3 pounds more! haha!

July 30, 2008 at 6:28 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

She is so cute! Thanks for the picture. Maybe one day we can play matchmaker with her and Nathan.

July 31, 2008 at 7:34 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771