Not Your Average Park
Friday, July 18, 2008

We discovered a new park today thanks to our resident family playgroup, and boy...WAS IT SOMETHING!! Ibach Park in Tualatin (pronounced too-all-i-tin) had just about everything a two year old dirt-monger would love, and everything a one year old little princess would love to admire from a distance--sand, water (together equals a muddy mess), sliding, climbing, and jumping. There is no way a child (or parent) could walk away from this park experience and not be in desperate need of a bath.

There was a really fast tunnel slide that "plopped" the kids right onto the sand, but Wyatt actually preferred sliding down one of the walls. I think the first time was an accident, but after he realized how much fun it was, he kept going back for more. That's my boy.


There was a really interesting boulder that, with all of its craters, resembled the moon. Since Wyatt loves the moon so much, it was only natural for him to want to spend some time there climbing and exploring--taking an occasional millisecond rest break in one of its craters.


And what park experience wouldn't be complete without a blast off "to infinity and beyond"?

What form. What grace.
Slap a helmet on him and call 'em Buzz Lightyear, folks!

I tried to get Avery to play in the sand and even ride in the swing, but she was much more content riding piggyback and observing the muddy madness. But I was able to finally convince her that she'd be safe and have fun playing in the sand. As always...mommy knows best. She loved it!




But by the time she decided to finally get out and play, we had already been there 2.5 hours! We were the first in our group to arrive and the very last to leave. After a whopping 3.5 hours, we called it quits. Wyatt had slowed down only long enough to scarf down a PB&J, so it wasn't a big surprise when he didn't put up much of a fight when going down for his nap.

(I usually prefer color photography over B&W, but I made an exception for this one. Her expression is just so sweet.)











Wine Selection: Hayman Hill Merlot
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: I think I had higher expectations of this wine. The first few sips tasted very strange--a very spicy front followed by a really weak (almost sweet) finish. But after a few sips, it seemed to balance out. Overall, I think it's pretty darn good with just a funky first sip.






2 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

WOW! After seeing how dirty Wyatt got, I'm not sure that I'm ready to visit that park! Just the thought of letting Brayden get into our car after getting so dirty makes me cringe! However, I'm sure that Brayden would love it...I just need to tell myself that a little dirt isn't anything that a vacuum can't clean up. ;)

July 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

What a fun park!!! Those are great pictures of your kiddos!

July 21, 2008 at 3:51 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771