The Ponytail
Monday, July 21, 2008

After seeing other little girls Avery's age sporting cute little pony and pig tails, I decided to give it a shot. I still need quite a bit of practice, but it wasn't a bad first attempt. The hardest part, aside from getting her to sit still long enough, was keeping tabs on the super tiny, clear, latex rubber band!!! I swear, I can't tell you how many times I'd have the hair (all of 10 strands) in my hands, ready to go, only to lose the blessed thing! I'll get the technique down eventually, but let's just say that I don't foresee pig tails in her future any time soon.

For those anxiously awaiting camping news....I managed yet again to squeak out of a camping trip, as the overnight temperatures were expected to be a bit low. Darn. It's always nice when Mother Nature is on my side. However, it's only delaying the inevitable, as Eric has already made campground reservations at the coast for us in two weeks. At least I have that much longer to plan and get excited about a family weekend in the great outdoors--lightning bugs, a cozy fire, and SMORES! See...positive thinking (and smores) does the trick every time!






2 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

I LOVE the ponytail! It is so cute! Clara is nowhere near the ponytail stage...she has really thin hair. Unfortunately I think she's taking after her Mom on this one, as Tom's hair is incredibly thick. Anyways - Avery looks adorable and so sweet!

July 23, 2008 at 5:28 PM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

If there is any hope for an Edgar camping trip, might I advise you to NEVER ask me how our camping trip went last weekend.

July 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771