They Should Be Used to 'Soft Sprinkles' By Now
Monday, July 21, 2008

I wish I could figure out why neither of our kids likes water. I was holding out hope for Avery since she seemed to really enjoy the bath, but as of late, bath time is just plain torture. We have one of those little plastic kiddie pools that neither of them will step foot in, so when Grandma Edgar recommended the Soft Sprinkles Tide Pool, I thought it would be an excellent way to get them both excited about playing in the water. It's still too early to tell since today was the first day we tried it out, but it's very apparent that Avery isn't quite sold on the idea.


Wyatt, on the other hand, was very excited about the VERY cool new....

WATER FOUNTAIN?!?!?

I don't even know why I put Wyatt in his swim trunks. He put his foot in, and that's about as close as he would venture into the deep blue abyss. Speaking of deep...I couldn't help but chuckle at the warning printed on the mat in big bold letters that read, "WARNING...NO DIVING!" Really?!?! The water isn't even ankle-deep. It's amazing the disclaimers you have to put on things these days. Sheesh!

As it turns out, the brave one of the bunch ended up being Avery. After becoming increasingly more comfortable playing in the water from the sidelines, I picked her up and stood her right in the middle of the mat. Granted, once she was in there, she hardly moved a muscle. Meanwhile, Wyatt broke out in devious laughter as he ran in circles around the mat, ultimately expecting Avery to get swallowed up by the sea of sprinkles.

I suppose it probably would've been a better idea to wait for a warmer day. I think it topped out at 80 degrees today. But I was eager to try it out. Hopefully next time we'll get a little more enthusiasm out of the fraidy cats. Wyatt has already been asking to do it again, so I guess that's a good sign. Maybe he'll actually decide to get both feet wet next time.



Wine Selection:
Newman's Own Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: Not what I expected and I probably won't buy it again. It just seemed very acidic to me--kind of like drinking one of his marinara sauces. Perhaps I should stick to my cheap wines. I seem to like those a lot better!

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

Emmie is JUST NOW att he point where she will get in our pool. She doesnt do sprinklers AT ALL. I have a feeling she'll be like her mother and not much into water sports. :( Hayden, on the other hand, was comfortable in and around water around 2 yrs old. He's a little fish!! which would explain why his birthday party will be at the neighborhood pool this year.

July 22, 2008 at 6:44 AM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

That is just crazy that both Wyatt and Avery like the water park but hate baths and sprinklers! Brayden and Sienna both love baths but aren't very excited about the water park...complete opposites of Wyatt and Avery! I tried to get that exact pool earlier in the summer but it was sold out...where did you end up finding it?

July 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I love Avery's swimsuit. Too cute.

July 22, 2008 at 10:47 AM 


Anonymous Michelle had this to say:

This is why they need swim lessons with Miss Michelle! Hurry up and move back to Oklahoma :) They will figure out the joys of the water soon enough!

July 23, 2008 at 1:27 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771