Boys and Blood
Thursday, August 14, 2008

The two really seem to go hand in hand.

Less than 10 minutes into Wyatt's Gymboree class this morning, he managed to fall and bloody his nose....again. It's certainly not the first time it has happened while monkeying around carelessly, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Fortunately, blood flowing from the nose doesn't make me nearly as squeamish as when it's flowing from an open wound, so Mommy gets major kudos for remaining calm and taking care of the situation at hand. After all, I'm not sure any bloody injury can top the incident he had last June in which he clumsily fell and bit completely through his tongue!

I think I'm finally starting to get desensitized to such occurrences, because instead of getting overly concerned about whether he may have broken his nose, I was more annoyed that he failed to heed my multiple warnings to settle down. That, and the fact that as he was crying on my shoulder and smearing blood all over me, I couldn't help but think, "Man, I'm so glad I only paid ten dollars for this shirt!"






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771