CHALK it up to artistic genes...or lack thereof
Thursday, August 21, 2008

Move over Pablo Picasso...here comes Artistic Avery!

Not bad for her first introduction to sidewalk chalk, eh?

Embarrassingly enough, she did have a little help from Mommy. In no way do I claim to have any type of artistic ability. My mom and sister have an amazing artistic talent, while I unfortunately, got jipped in that department. I'm even more embarrassed now that (through greater inspection) "our" drawing, meant to be a very jubilant sunshine, is now taking on more of a resemblance to an octopus with entirely too many tentacles.

And here she is with...

Ten dollars to the first person who can correctly
identify the object in this drawing!


This was actually my (ahem! I mean Avery's) very first attempt at a race car (at the request of her big bro), but I'm sure the "VROOM!" kinda gave it away. Actually, I'm still trying to decide which end is the front and which is the back. Geez...my kids are doomed...or should I say "vroomed!"? Hey, at least I can rhyme.

But as you can see, Avery didn't seem to mind her mother's incredible lack of talent. She had the time of her life... carrying around that bucket of chalk like it was serious business.


I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't matter if I sing off key at times or haphazardly draw a sun that looks more like an octopus. Just being present with my kids--acting silly, challenging their curious minds, and laughing hysterically at farts and boogers--is most important to their growth and development at this age. The dishes can wait...YES!

I don't really know who this guy is, but this is how I feel after
finding yet another excuse to let the dishes pile up in the sink.


I guess this is why they call 'em "painter's pants"



Wine Selection: Hogue Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: After the week I've had (and it's not even over), this is the best wine I've ever had!

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Lori had this to say:

Is the car "The King"

August 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Hey as a fellow non-artist, I think the sun looks pretty great!

August 23, 2008 at 9:19 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771