The Flood Gates Have Opened
Tuesday, August 12, 2008


There's just something about the Olympics that really pulls at my heart strings. I'm not really sure if it's hearing the personal stories of perseverance or actually sharing in the pure jubilation of the moment when athletes who've worked endlessly their entire lives finally realize their dreams of medaling and breaking world records at the Olympic Games. It's quite possibly a combination of both.

There have already been a couple of occasions in which Eric has caught me trying to stifle my sniffles. He just shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and grumbles something under his breath about being forced to tolerate my weepiness for an entire two weeks. He may not be shedding tears of joy over the Olympic Games, but he's certainly not immune to getting caught up in the thrill of it all. In fact, I distinctly recall being awakened by a celebratory outburst at 11:30 p.m. last night after the US men's gymnastics team took the lead over China.


Men's gymnastics?!?! Up until this week, he would have argued against it even being considered a sport! I, on the other hand, absolutely love gymnastics and couldn't resist the temptation of getting out of bed to see what the commotion was all about.

I have a feeling I'm going to be quite the little night owl the next couple of weeks.






4 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 12, 2008 at 11:26 PM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I always think I will skip the whole thing but for some reason I have to watch every event they show! Night before last Alex woke me up whooping it up for Men's Relay Swimming. At least it wasn't to show me the Women's Volleyball outfits, that was 4 years ago!

August 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I'm tired from staying up to watch the Olympics but it's worth it!

August 13, 2008 at 9:18 AM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

It's only once every 2 years...live it up! And don't let anyone give you crap about being emotional. I find myself tearing up every time they play our national anthem.

I worked with a guy years ago that could give a whole dissertation on why gymnastics isn't a sport.

August 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771