Anyone looking to adopt a 3-year-old boy?
Friday, September 19, 2008

You Scrubs fans will really appreciate this reference. You know, the episode in which little Jack walks into the room just after Perry and Jordan find out they're "unfortunately" expecting another child and proclaims with such pride, "I pooped in my bed, so I put in on the TV."

Hilarious, right? Yeah...

UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO YOU!!

It's not uncommon for Wyatt to occassionally pull off his pants and diaper in an effort to rebel against naptime. It is something that has frustrated me beyond belief because I'm at a loss for how to effectively handle the situation. He's clearly rebelling, but since we're in the process of potty-training (well, sort of) and trying to instill positive feelings about poop and pee (if there is such a thing), I'm just not convinced that discipline is the correct approach. So, I've just taken it one incident at a time. But today, he has taken his rebellion to a completely different level and I've since been praying for God to grant me more patience than ever!!!

After realizing there was more playing and less napping taking place in his room today, I forcefully opened his door, game-face on and pointer finger ready. It took only seconds to realize (by the ear-to-ear grin on his face) he had taken the liberty of removing his pants and diaper. "Geez. Here we go again," I grumbled under my breath. It took me only a nanosecond after that to smell what I was praying to God was NOT what I thought I was smelling. Then I saw it. Oh, yes. Assembled in such a nice, thoughtful little pile on the floor laid the contents of his large intestine, topped ever-so-lovingly with an imaginary middle finger that implied, "Here's to taking a nap, Mom!"

Go ahead. Laugh at my expense. I know you are. I would be too. After all, that's what got me into this mess. It's called Karma.

How does the saying go? Shit Happens? Yes. Yes it does. And boy does it stink!






3 Comments:
Anonymous Ashley had this to say:

I am cracking up! Awww man, that has happened to me so I feel you! I hope that was the last time!

September 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

I'll admit I did laugh, but it was only because the way you told it was so hilarious...especially the part about the middle finger - HA! But trust me, if that were Spencer...I'd have blown a gasket for sure. He took his pants off once and pooped in his bed, and I think the wrath of mommy that ensued was enough to keep him from performing an encore. For now, if I could just get him to admit it when he actually does poop, that would be a freakin' miracle.

September 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

That was a hilarious post, but I can feel your frustration. Hopefully potty training Avery will be a dream :)

September 21, 2008 at 7:19 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771