BIG SHOT Series
Thursday, September 11, 2008

Much of the content on this blog is devoted to the two little gremlins that pretty much rule the roost in our house--at least they think they do. I often write about our travels and the silly little things our kids do to make us laugh. But as I was browsing through the multitude of photos from our vacation last week (over 400, just to give you an idea), I realized how unfortunate it was that some of the most breathtaking images Eric had captured of the landscape would never be shared with others simply because they failed to feature one or both of our children.

So, I've decided that I'd like to feature one exceptional landscape photo each week and call it the "Big Shot" series because a) it's a photo worthy of recognition and b) it's a great way to stroke my husband's ego. Ha!

This week's BIG SHOT is of Elk Lake (the one on which we kayaked) in central Oregon at sunrise.





There are several reasons why I love this photograph: the morning fog, the reflection on the lake, the sharp contrast in color. But most of all, I think it's amazing how the foreground is brightly lit by the rising sun while the background remains in a dark slumber--only moments from being rudely awakened by the violent rays that would slowly, but inevitably, encroach upon its peacefulness.



Wine Selection: Mirassou Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: I have tried the merlot before and I'm fairly certain I didn't appreciate it as much as I do the cabernet (I'm too lazy to look it up). This is such a nice, smooth wine that is easy to sip without food. I'm totally loving it.

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

Oh Yea!! I am excited about you doing this series. I am an avid nature fan and I love majestic photos!

What a great pick! I love this picture for all of the reasons that you listed. It is incredible!

September 12, 2008 at 9:44 AM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

Gorgeous. I bet people would pay $$$ for these shots! Invest in a nice photo printer...set him up with a website...who needs neurology??? Just kiddin! :-)

September 13, 2008 at 9:01 PM 


Blogger Lori had this to say:

Awesome picture, I had to show it to Nate as soon as he got home. Makes me want to take a trip to your neck of the woods.

September 14, 2008 at 7:34 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771