I never knew pigtails could be so scary.
Thursday, September 18, 2008

Today I attempted pigtails for the very first time. Oh, boy.

Admittedly, I need a lot of practice. But I've already accepted that getting "the part" just right is going to pretty much be an impossibility for me. And I'm not quite sure how I feel about the one spot of crusty cradle cap remaining on her head--you know, the one covering the ever-so-delicate soft spot--being exposed for the world to see. Not that the world (or anyone for that matter) will even notice, but nevertheless, I fear I will be unable to suppress the embarrassing motherly urge to pick at it while in public. And finally, every time I've glanced at her this morning, I've been haunted by the incredibly ridiculous mental image of Ace Ventura prancing around in a ballerina costume. It's quite frightening, really.


Or better yet, she may resemble even more closely that of the very popular green ogre by the name of Shrek--equally frightening, to say the least.


You know, we might just forego the whole idea of pigtails and reintroduce them in a few months when she'll hopefully bear more of a human resemblance. Pippi Longstocking I can tolerate. Ogres and crazed lunatics in tutus...not so much.






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Either way, she is still utterly adorable. Good luck mastering this skill. Kinda makes me glad I'm having another boy!

September 19, 2008 at 10:58 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771