"Pigpen"
Friday, September 5, 2008


That was Wyatt's nickname while on vacation last week--for there was hardly a time in which there wasn't a cloud of dirt billowing from beneath his feet. The boy loves dirt, and is never quite satisfied unless he's rolled around in it like a dog, bathing himself in filth.

I'm sure you can imagine my delight when we planned to spend an entire morning at the High Desert Museum. A museum, free of dirt or sand--a nice break from the dirt cloud that had been looming around us the previous few days.


One of the few opportunities to dress him in a nice clothes, I enjoyed watching my well-kempt little man skip and jump from exhibit to exhibit--marveling at all of the "cool stuff" he encountered along the way, including:

a 1914 Model T Ford


a decorative, walk-through Tipi


and a spiderweb perfectly designed for little climbers

Could it actually be possible for our little dirt monger to walk out of there clean as a whistle? Escaping the very thing that attracts to him like a magnet? Wishful thinking, I suppose. Who knew there would be a sand pit strategically located at the museum exit?

"Pigpen" returns







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771