Wrestle Mania
Thursday, September 25, 2008

I apologize for my lack in posting, but Eric has been in Salt Lake City all week, leaving me without a camera. Can you imagine how bored I've been not being able to take any pictures or blog about them? It actually has not been so bad. My house is spotless and the laundry is done, at least for the next two hours. I've been able to work out in the yard some, and even had the privilege of cleaning up the vomit and diarrhea (and a couple of nosebleeds in between) that the pesky little Stomach Bug left behind following an unsolicited visit. Needless to say, I'm so ready for Eric to be home tonight.

While I don't have any pictures to share, I did take some video today of Wyatt wrestling with Avery. The boy does not like to play unless he can play rough, something Avery has evidently picked up on because she doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, she seems to enjoy being tossed and dragged around like a little rag doll.

As the video begins, Avery reminds me of a boxer warming up in anticipation before her opponent enters the ring. So funny.






Notice how Wyatt was the one saying, "Ouch!" when it was Avery's head that hit the wall. Oh, they crack me up.


Wine Selection: Barbera d'Asti by Cascina Castle't
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: I haven't dabbled much in foreign wines, but now that I have a fairly decent grasp on American wines, I thought I'd venture into the unknown. It truly is like learning a new "wine" language. It's hard to know where to start. But I can tell you I wasn't thrilled with its flavor, although very different from anything I've ever tasted. I thought the label was cute, so that's why I bought it. I rather enjoyed reading the description from the website:
A photo of the family on the mythical Vespa, a symbol of the 1950s, the renaissance years. A serene return to the past through the eyes of children who look hopefully towards the future. A poetic image that underscores the values and simplicity of a family concern managing our lands during the post-war reconstruction period. It represents the wine that more than any other characterizes the family and the territory. A Barbera d’Asti, of the female gender, as is the way Piedmont people consider it. The story of a wine is often as complex as a person’s, and just as fascinating, and it is nice to see, in a faded photo taken during a spring fete, the simplicity of the one matched by the simplicity of the other.






1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Avery is such a good sport to let her big brother drag her around. They're so cute!

September 26, 2008 at 4:06 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771