All Aboard the Birthday Train
Sunday, October 12, 2008


Wyatt's big birthday bash was yesterday, and boy...it was a big day indeed! Exhausted from nearly pulling an all-nighter with the cake, I mustered just enough energy to brew a pot of coffee and turn on Playhouse Disney to entertain the kids while I tried unsuccessfully to glue my eyelids open, waiting for my exhausted other half to walk in the door after he too spent the entire night working. The caffeine kicked in just in time to watch our Sooners get a nice kick of their own by those pesky Longhorns. "Lovely. Just lovely, " I thought to myself. "This is going to be the longest day EVER."

Fortnately, the day made a dramatic turn for the better after Eric's parents and brother arrived from Oklahoma just in time to greet the kiddos as they woke from their naps. On cloud nine and boasting with joyous energy (especially after catching his first glance of the cake), Wyatt was geared up for a rockin' good time at Gymbo's house with all of his friends and family.

Front row: Me, Avery, Blake, Katherine, Gymbo, Eric, Wyatt, Sasha, Carina, & Anna
Back row: Joseph, Ashley, Lacey, Grandma Edgar, Uncle Brett, Donna, Michael, Travis, Tamara, Jeanette, Claire, & Matt

The little girls far outnumbered the boys 7 to 3. I hadn't realized until recently that most of Wyatt's friends are girls. I was a little interested to see how he would handle himself in a room filled with girls, all vying for his attention. He was such a gentleman and appeared to keep his cool even though he was likely sweating bullets on the inside. If we could make a movie of his birthday party, this is how it would play out.

Everyone civilized, enjoying a nice chug on the birthday train.

THEN SUDDENLY...


Wyatt takes a nose dive into the parachute trying
to impress the ladies with his cool tricks.

BUT HIS PLAN BACKFIRES...

when he ends up with a bloody nose.



BUT IT EARNS HIM MAJOR SYMPATHY POINTS, AS...


Carina (hook, line, and sinker) takes the bait and delivers the big sympathy hug.
Wyatt happily reciprocates...of course!

THEN...

Katherine gets ticked over such public displays of affection and lays into him,
giving him one final ultimatum.

THEN...

Wyatt and Katherine ride off into the sunset
on their horse made of wood.

Awww....

Okay, back to reality and back to the most anticipated part of a birthday party. CAKE!

Juice. One of the top 5 loves of his life.


The "cake face". Is he excited, or what?!?!


Highly irritated by the torture of yet another posed picture, Wyatt FINALLY had the opportunity to melt over the sugary sweetness of his beloved birthday cake. UNTIL THE TWO EVENTUALLY BECAME ONE. So much for riding off into the sunset. When it comes to the heart of a 3-year-old, cake trumps girl every time.

Happy 3rd birthday to my little ladies man!



Wine Selection: Fetzer Chardonnay
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: I'm now spoiled by my new favorite chardonnay (Liberty School) to give many others a second glance. This one just doesn't do much for me.

Labels: ,






6 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

WOW! Awesome cake! I'm impressed! Looks like a fun birthday party. Happy Birthday Wyatt!


(Umm....no mention of OSU's BIG win this weekend??)

October 12, 2008 at 7:20 PM 


Anonymous Ashley had this to say:

I loved the birthday story! I am cracking up! Wyatt had a wonderful birthday thanks for inviting us again this year!

October 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I can't believe you captured the dive into the parachute on camera!

October 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Love the train cake!!! I can't even imagine how long that took you to decorate. The party looks like so much fun...I wish we could have been there to help Wyatt celebrate. I can't believe that Wyatt got ANOTHER bloody nose at Gymboree. That has to be some sort of record!!!

October 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM 


Blogger Carmen had this to say:

love this! How cute. he is already a ladies man. :) You did a GREAT job on the cake!! What was his favorite gift?

October 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

That cake is AMAZING!! Any chance you're willing to farm out your skills to those of us far less talented? ;) The birthday story was hilarious. I had no idea Wyatt was such a little ladies man. I bet it's the curls....

October 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771