Best Friends
Thursday, October 30, 2008

This morning I was watching an episode of Little Einsteins with the kids which included a song about best friends. When the song was over, I turned to Wyatt and asked, "Who's your best friend?" I thought it might be interesting to hear which one of his friends he'd designate such a special title, but I was really quite shocked when he so sweetly responded, "My best friend is [slight pause] Avery."

Best friends watching Einsteins over morning milk...

...and eating blueberries in harmony
(and notice...his leg is even touching her leg...this is HUGE)

So, I suppose all of those hitting, pushing, and accidental choking ("hugging" the neck too hard) episodes I've witnessed over the past couple of months were all just a sign of affection?

Well, let's not go overboard. The same question asked tomorrow will likely yield a completely different answer. He's three; therefore, he's fickle. But I'll take it, even if only for a day.



Wine Selection: Penfolds Koonunga Hills Shiraz Cabernet
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: Overall this is a pretty decent wine. It has a nice flavor, with nothing too overpowering. But there is something about the finish that's not very pleasing to my palette. I'm having a hard time putting it into words, but I guess you can just say that it goes kind of flat at the end.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

How thoughtful of Wyatt to respond that way. Underneath his rambunctious exterior is a sweet little boy! Thanks for sharing your kiddos with us!

October 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

That is so sweet! Happy Halloween!

October 31, 2008 at 9:53 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771