BIG SHOT of the week
Sunday, October 19, 2008


Just thought I'd highlight one of Eric's flower photos this week. I'm sure you'll see many more of this type in the coming weeks, for he seems to have a natural talent for capturing a flower's vibrant colors and unique patterns or textures.

This photo has always been one of my favorites, not for the purple lupine flowers (although very delicate and beautiful), but for the interesting backdrop on which the flowers rest. The contrast in bold color is really appealing to me, and the bright green leaves (with splashes of darkness) add such a nice element of pattern and texture that my eyes are naturally drawn towards.

Eric took this photo in August 2007 on the Van Trump Trail of Mt. Rainier.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771