Downsizing
Friday, October 24, 2008

Typically, talk of downsizing (especially in regard to homes and businesses) is met with feelings of angst and trepidation. Bigger is always better, right? Man isn't livin' unless he's LIVIN' LARGE. Isn't that how we've been socially conditioned to think? Well, let me tell you something... not when it comes to handbags!


Ladies and gentlemen, the day has finally come for me to literally rid myself of the extra baggage I've been toting around for the past few years-- the endless supply of diapers, wipes, bottles, sippy cups, toys, snacks, clothing, and...oh, yeah...my wallet and phone. No more.

I must admit that the transition, though exhilarating, has been a bit scary. My first thought upon opening the package (yes, I do all of my shopping online) was to slap a return label on the box and bid farewell to the purse that could have easily served as a prop on the set of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids". But after those initial feelings of denial (that my life could even possibly be downsized so dramatically) had subsided, I started to slowly tranfer everything I "needed" from the monstrous bag that I'm sure had been mistaken for a third child on occassion, to the tiny tote. Miraculously, I not only managed to fit my wallet, phone, and car key in the bag, but I also discovered additional space for two diapers, wipes, and lip gloss. Crazy, huh? If I would've known losing 20 pounds would be so easy, I would have downsized long ago!

Oh, it's still an adjustment. But so far, I'm absolutely lovin' the simplicity and the new spring in my step that it brings. Ah, so refreshing!






3 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

That is a SUPER cute bag. Love the fabric.

October 25, 2008 at 7:11 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

Love both bags :) Are they Vera Bradley?

October 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM 


Blogger Catrina had this to say:

Thanks! I love all of the options Vera Bradley offers. For the record, Eric hates the bag (both of them, actually). He calls them my hippie bags! Men! What do they know?

October 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771