A Fall Family Favorite
Saturday, October 18, 2008

I fully intended to keep up with our blog while Eric's parents were in town, but obviously, that did not happen. As it turns out, I was too busy being spoiled by my in-laws with insane chunks of precious alone-time that I didn't worry too much about posting. I knew the blog would be waiting for me when I settled back into reality...and here I am. Back to the grind.

We had such a great visit, and we were thrilled for them to take part for the first time in one of our most anticipated family traditions--the pumpkin patch.


It's hard to believe this marked Wyatt's fourth year to pick pumpkins at Lakeview Farms. It doesn't even seem like we've lived here that long! But the train ride out to the pumpkin patch was just as exciting as ever, and this year, Wyatt was finally big enough to ride one of the ponies. He wasn't too thrilled with the whole waiting in line bit, but the second he planted his little seat into that saddle, he was convinced (as evidenced by his sly and cunning expression) that he had morphed into an authentic cowboy riding off into the sunset of the Montana plains with nothing more than the clothing on his back. (He's obviously heard a few too many stories from his daddy).

Cowboy Wyatt riding off into his imaginary sunset on his
imaginary stallion who goes by the name of "Squeakers".

Although Avery didn't get a chance to ride a pony, she had a grand time searching for what Wyatt likes to call "the greatest pumpkin", managing to ever-so-gracefully trip over pumpkin vines about every third step or so.


She didn't let that "get her down" though (pun intended), and she eventually (with Grandma's help) found her own very special self-portrait pumpkin. For if she were a pumpkin, this is what she would like.

I'm starting to wonder if her ponytail
will ever fall to the side.

We had such a fun time, and it was even more special having the privilege of sharing the experience with family. Stay tuned for upcoming fall and Halloween festivities. Ahh...I just love this time of year!






Wine Selection: Liberty School Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: Love, love, love this chardonnay.






1 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

I'm cracking up over Avery's pumpkin!! So cute! Looks like a fun family tradition, thanks for sharing.

October 20, 2008 at 9:53 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771