I'm Still Here.
Friday, October 3, 2008

No. I haven't disappeared from the face of the earth. Just busy. Insanely busy.

Busy planning a birthday party. Busy stressing out about whether or not the cake will be a complete and total disaster. Busy with several organizational projects that I, ironically, can't keep organized (funny how that works sometimes). But I'm still here...in a physical sense anyway. My mind, on the other hand, is lost at the moment. I may have left it at the grocery store check-out line this morning after being distracted by my son's incessant and desperate pleas for candy that he's never heard of, seen, or even touched with his tongue before. Or, it could be at the cake shop, on the shelf at which I spent most of my time--trying to decide between large, plastic dowels or skinny wooden ones. What the freak is the difference, I ask you?!?!

But like most things we lose, it's probably in the one place I knew for sure it wouldn't get lost, and I'm sure it will eventually turn up in the last place I look. Hey, at least I still have my humor.

At any rate, once I mark a few more things off what seems like my never-ending To Do List, I'm sure I'll be back up to normal blogging speed in no time. But just to hold the grandparents over until then, I thought I'd post one of the very few pictures I have of Wyatt and Avery actually sitting side-by-side, playing together, and being affectionate. It's not too often I luck out with one of these. If only my daughter had some clothes on. :-)

In actuality, I think Wyatt was really just leaning in for the "unexpected tackle", but in twenty years we'll never know the difference. It looks like a hug to me. So, a hug it shall be.



Wine Selection: Liberty School Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: This is a truly amazing chardonnay. In the past two weeks, I've purchased 4 bottles, and also managed to get Eric hooked on it as well. If you keep up with my wine selections, you know I'm not a huge fan of chardonnay. But this one is definitely a keeper. It is incredibly smooth and well-balanced.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

Hi! Happy to see you back. Cute picture of Avery and Wyatt. Good luck with the b-day party and all your other 'to-dos'!

October 4, 2008 at 12:20 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771