Pumpkin Carving: Round 1
Monday, October 27, 2008

We carved our first pumpkin of the season last night. I'm the one usually responsible for coming up with the design and transferring the image embedded in my brain, with permanent ink, to the actual pumpkin. This year, I thought I'd take the easy route and purchase one of those stenciling kits with various designs from which to choose. I wish now that I would have relied on my trusty imagination because it's probably my least favorite of all of the pumpkins we've carved. But we were just getting warmed up with this one.



We have grand ideas for our next pumpkin (well, we will), which we fully intend to carve within the next day or so (whether or not it actually happens, of course, remains to be seen). At any rate, Wyatt enjoyed supervising every step along the way.


And when it was time to pull the guts out, he was overcome with pure joy. Even a three-year-old knows it's not everyday that you get to disembowel a pumpkin.



Stay tuned for round two...hopefully. Can you tell I'm not overly optimistic?



Wine Selection: Yalumba Barossa Bush Vine Grenache
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: This wine was a gift, and it was my very first experience tasting a grenache. I was really pleased with the overall drinkability. The flavors were all so well balanced. I will definitely try this one again.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

You guys are totally making us look bad! ;) We haven't carved (or even bought) one single pumpkin since having kids...ok, so, I haven't actually carved a pumpkin since I was a kid! Maybe next year the pumpkin carving professional (aka Catrina) will be kind enough to give me some pumpkin carving instructions! BTW, I cannot believe that you were gutting the pumpkin on your living room rug!!!

October 29, 2008 at 8:47 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771