Trick or Treat!
Saturday, November 1, 2008

We have entirely too much candy in our house right now. I don't see how all of the loot Wyatt and Avery scored tonight can't last through next Halloween. Seriously.

Avery surprisingly wore her costume without a single protest. I figured I'd probably be pushing my luck to get the headpiece on her, so she just went without, but she amazingly sat still long enough for me to draw on her face.

What a purrr-fect little kitty cat!

She also jumped right in there with the big kids when it came to trick or treating. It didn't take her long to get the hang of things, and she'd even say "trick or treat" at the door. Wyatt still struggled with the whole concept of asking politely for the candy. Rather, he just expected everyone to empty the contents of their candy bowl into his bag.


Sorting through the stash once we got home was very interesting. While Wyatt tried to eat as much as he could as fast as he could (taking absolutely no notice of what it actually was), Avery was much more selective in what she was willing to eat. She'd shake her head and say "no" at everything we dangled in front of her face until she finally saw something that peaked her interest. What self control! Surely, she can't be my child!


Or maybe she's just plain smart. Tootsie pops not only taste good, but they last a really long time!






2 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Avery looks entirely too cute as a kitty cat! Maybe next year we can actually go trick-or-treating with you guys!

November 2, 2008 at 9:41 AM 


Blogger Carmen had this to say:

super cute! I cant wait till we can all go together!! Emmie was a kitty cat, too. Only pink and purple (on her insistance!).

November 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771