You know it's Fall in Portland...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008



...when homes start tumbling down hillsides.



Seriously. It's not uncommon in these parts to see at least 2 or 3 houses a year just decide to hop off their foundation and take a ride down a muddy Slip N Slide. The house that formerly filled the space of the gaping hole you see pictured above took its little joy ride early this morning, and nearly took its owner with it. And we're only a couple of weeks into the rainy season!

This occurred only a couple of miles from our house in the very hilly part of Portland. I was just discussing this very issue with a couple of friends a few nights ago and chuckling about how silly it is to build such enormous, beautiful homes on hillsides that are notoriously rain-soaked 8 to 9 months out of the year. It's amazing the risk people are willing to take for an incredible view!

Just so you know, I'm only making fun because no one was actually injured in this particular incident. Thank goodness!

If you're interested, you can read the entire article and view some footage here.






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

I'd never get a wink of sleep if I lived in one of those houses next door. Wow. So crazy! (Nothing that exciting ever happens in Lubbock...no hills to slide down!)

October 8, 2008 at 4:04 PM 


Blogger Grandma had this to say:

We have an unrelated question for you. If a rose is desire then admiration is______. And have you ever listened to Robert Craig the muscian.

October 11, 2008 at 5:35 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771