BIG SHOT of the week
Saturday, November 1, 2008

Before we went digital, Eric was taking pictures with his 35mm Nikon. When we moved to Portland, I found ten (no, not a typo--TEN!) rolls of undeveloped film tucked away in a plastic bag. Neither of us could recall what may have been on the film, but I knew we'd never know unless I took the initiative to get them developed. Well, three years and two kids later, I finally got around to it. All ten rolls included pictures from our vacation to Yellowstone National Park in June 2004!!

As it turns out, Eric took some pretty great photos on that trip, including this week's BIG SHOT of Lower Falls in Yellowstone. Without a doubt, these falls were the highlight of the trip for me. We spent quite a bit of time there, and it's a place where boredom would be an impossibility. Since I had to scan the original photo, the quality isn't great, but it's still quite remarkable.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Add to travel wish list: Yellowstone

November 1, 2008 at 6:43 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Breathtaking! Kevin said he remembers this.

November 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771