BIG SHOT of the week
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have a slight confession to make. When I started this Big Shot series, I said it was primarily to showcase some of Eric's lesser known talents. But truthfully, the motivation behind the series manifested after receiving several comments like this:

I always admire your nature photos. He definitely has a gift! I would have those matted and framed and hung around my home. Beautiful. --Starr, March 08

I realized there were absolutely none of Eric's photos adorning the walls of our home. Shame on me!! Needless to say, I needed a way to organize his photos in a way that would enable me to identify our (okay...MY) favorites. Hence, the Big Shot series.

I'm pleased to report that I have now enlarged, matted, and framed some of our most cherished photos. Thanks to all of you who thought enough to comment (although it has now turned into a bit of an obsession, and frankly, we're running out of wall space).



To add to the madness, here's one more Big Shot that will hopefully make it into a matted frame and onto one of our walls. Hey, at this point I'll settle for a little nook in the bathroom corner. I told you it was now an obsession. Who again do I thank for this?!?!

Hurricane Ridge at sunset
Olympic National Park, WA
June 2006




Wine Selection: Red Truck Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: Nothing special. Not a huge fan, but it's drinkable. It's a little thin with a very strange/weak finish.

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Yay!!! The way you have those matted and displayed looks AWESOME! Okay - let me continue the madness, by saying that I'd be giving matted, framed prints of the BIG SHOTS as Christmas gifts. :-)

November 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM 


Blogger lowcountrydogleah had this to say:

these are great photos! what kind of camera do you guys have? I'm getting one for christmas hopefully and need to suggest some to Santa ;-)

November 25, 2008 at 12:21 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771