No Turning Back
Monday, November 3, 2008


May 9, 2009. It's going to be a big day for me. The day I will officially become a Hippie Chick. No, I'm not being converted by Portland locals to hang out on street corners in protest of the war, or join one of those smoking circles on the waterfront. Being a Hippie Chick is way more "gnarly" than that, folks. It means I'll be joining 899 other women, on Mother's Day weekend, for one of the most celebrated running events in the state of Oregon for women--The Hippie Chick Half Marathon. Whoo Hoo! The event sold out in just 8 hours!

Seven months is quite a bit of time to prepare for 13.1 miles (hey, that .1 makes a huge difference), but I started my training today as I cranked out 6 miles this morning at a 9-minute pace. Man, I'm so excited. I'm just hoping my joints remain in good shape as I start increasing my mileage while hopefully decreasing extra pregnancy baggage. Let's see, the last time I ran a half marathon was in 2001 or 2002 in Dallas, TX. Regardless of which year it was, I'm certainly due for another. I'm hoping for a great run, but hopefully not good enough that I'll be bitten by that pesky marathon bug. It almost always happens.

Stay tuned for updates.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Laura had this to say:

Good Luck! It's great to have goals to keep you motivated. Your mileage is already so high you could run the full thing by May! I need to get back into the running habit, but I'm really good at making up excuses (no jogging stroller, too cold, too busy). Maybe one day the bug will bite me again.

November 3, 2008 at 10:43 PM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

You Go Girl!

November 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM 


Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

U 'da bomb (Love ya, Onion Head)!

November 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771