The Kid Ain't Right.
Friday, November 21, 2008

We eat a lot of broccoli in our house. A lot. Not because it's healthy (although it is a perk), but because Wyatt can't ever get enough. The kid will shove tree upon tree in his mouth until nary a trace of floret can be detected on his plate. And if you haven't finished your own by the time he's cleaned his plate, he'll arm wrestle you (and win) for what's left.

I usually buy the fresh bundles and clip off the florets before steaming them. A couple of weeks ago, Wyatt got his hands on the raw stalk after I had already clipped the florets, and began gnawing away. I thought he'd take one bite and toss it on the floor, but he nearly devoured the entire thing (as cold and hard as it was...ewww). We can't get him to eat a sweet and mushy cooked carrot, but he'll eat a bundle of broccoli with or without florets; cooked or uncooked. I'm telling ya...the kid ain't right.

Shoving the entire floret in his mouth...

and loving every minute of it.

Wyatt's love for broccoli can be traced back at least a year and a half, when the following picture of him gnawing on a raw stalk was captured in June of 2007.





Wine Selection: Maresh Sauvignon Blanc
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: Eric and I purchased this wine on our latest wine tasting trip to the Dundee Hills. Maresh is one of the oldest wineries in Oregon, and the only way to get their wine is to contact them directly. They do not distribute to local retailers, so this wine is a nice treat.

Labels:






6 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

You're right. That ain't right. :-) I hardly make my kids eat it. Because when I serve it to them I'm forced to eat it too.

November 22, 2008 at 8:25 AM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

YUCK! I can't believe he ate the raw stalk!!! And I can't get over how curly his hair has gotten in the last 18 months!

November 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

That is so awesome! I love broccoli but my kids don't. They like calling it trees but that is it...

November 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Spencer must have been cut from the same cloth... he also LOVES broccoli, although he hasn't gone as far as to eat the raw stalk. That is too funny!

November 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

That was too funny!! Clara likes broccoli, but I haven't fed her the whole raw stalk yet :) Wyatt cracks me up!

November 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Now that's just wrong!

November 25, 2008 at 8:39 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771