Adventures In Sledding
Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Most of our free time in Sunriver has been spent on the sledding hills because 1) it's tons of fun, and 2) it's the best way to distract Wyatt from what he REALLY wants to do--SKI! The kid is obsessed with the idea of skiing, but for now, sledding will have to do.


Wyatt has become quite the pro. He needs and asks for no help, and his mission is to go as fast as he possibly can.


He's got to get the tongue just right to get some good air.
(Click to enlarge)



Avery, on the other hand, is good for a couple of runs before she's had enough. But hey, at least she's willing to try. So, I guess she's not as much of a fraidy cat as I previously thought.

Daddy was even sweet enough to put on the brakes for his baby girl. She must have him wrapped around her finger, as he certainly wouldn't do that for just anyone.

Eric catching a little air.
Let's just say the "bumps" aren't as kind to 30-year-old "rumps".



Wine Selection:
Bitch Grenache
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: While not the most festive choice for a wine, I had to buy it when I saw the label in the grocery store at Sunriver. Eric thought it was too sweet, but I think it's pretty good.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

What a great vacation! You guys are such a fun family. I keep hoping and hoping for snow in Lubbock. Even though we won't be able to sled. Unless I just run down the street pulling them with a rope or something...

December 24, 2008 at 5:28 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I think I officially want to vacation in Sunriver! Looks like you're having a great time! Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771