Dashing Through the Snow
Monday, December 22, 2008

This morning we treated the kiddos (and ourselves...let's be real here) to a nice little sleigh ride through the snowy fields of Sunriver Resort. We were greeted by Frosty and his little elf friend...

...before dashing through the snow in our one horse open sleigh.

Avery was bundled up so much that she could hardly move, but she enjoyed the sleigh ride--as long as she was facing away from the wind and snow.

The ride lasted for only about 5 minutes, but it was a fun way to start out the morning, and it's just one of the many Christmas activities the resort offers. Can you believe they will actually send an elf to tuck in the kids on Christmas Eve?!?! How fun is that? Of course, we won't be partaking in such an activity since we're fairly certain Avery would be traumatized for life and Wyatt would do nothing but bounce off the walls at the sight of an elf in his house. But what a magical experience for some of the older kids!

Playing in the snow in front of the
ginormous Christmas tree at The Lodge.






2 Comments:
Blogger Carmen had this to say:

What a great way to spend the holidays. When I first heard that you were treking across the snow covered state of Oregon to spend Christmas week in a stranger's house I thought you might have lost your mind. But I now see why you made the deicison. You are once again creating magical memories that will stay with you and kids forever! Hope you guys have lots of fun. Drink some cocoa for me and the kids! Love you!

December 23, 2008 at 6:47 AM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

That looks like so much fun! I had no idea that Sunriver offered such fun Christmas activities! Sure beats being stuck in your house with no where to go in Portland! Good thing you got out when you did...we have about 18 inches of snow at our house now and it is supposed to snow again today. I'm ready for the snow to go away!!!

December 23, 2008 at 10:06 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771