Final post of 2008
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's 8 o'clock at night on New Year's Eve. The kids are in bed, my husband is at the hospital for the rest of the night, and I'm in my PJ's. I'm hoping to finish A Million Little Pieces by James Frey by the time I call it a night. Those are my big plans. My...how times have changed.

It's so hard to believe another year has come and gone. Reflecting on all that we've accomplished as a family this past year, I certainly can't complain.

*We've traveled a ton and have seen some pretty amazing places.
*I finally emerged from the baby bubble and started focusing on my own personal growth (i.e. running, book club, nights out with friends, bible study).
*Eric was appointed Chief Resident of Neurology.
*Wyatt started sleeping through the night (for the most part), which deserves a big FAT hallelujah!!
*Avery miraculously discovered a way she can maintain life without food. Pretty impressive, eh? I can't wait until she starts talking more so she can share her secret with me.

We're still poor as dirt and in debt up to our eyeballs, but we thankfully have our health...and each other. What more can you ask for? Eric's reply nearly every time..."a new truck, dammit....that's all I want. When can I get a new truck?"

(I don't blame him. He's devoted nearly 13 consecutive years to becoming a Neurologist, and he's still driving his '94 GMC Sierra with a busted windshield, no air conditioning, and a horn that only works if the steering wheel is tilted in the right position. Heck, I'm not even sure the tape player works anymore [not that we own many tapes anymore, but still]. Hang in there, Babe. Eighteen more months!).

I'll leave you this New Year's Eve with a picture of Wyatt and Avery sporting their new Eskimo Joe's shirts.

Avery thought she'd have a cup of tea before school this morning.
So sophisticated, this one.

And did you notice that the cup matches her shirt?

Don't think it was just a coincidence.

She's ALL girl.


For you Oregonians who don't know about Eskimo Joe's...please educate yourself. There isn't a single Oklahoman alive who doesn't own an Eskimo Joes t-shirt. In fact, when I was in Jr. High, you weren't cool unless you owned an Eskimo Joes shirt in every color (I only owned one or two if that tells you anything). Eskimo Joe's is "Stillwater's jumpin' little juke joint" and located a block from Oklahoma State's campus. Needless to say, many memories were made at that place.

Thanks to my dear friend, Michelle (who thought we'd appreciate a little bit of Oklahoma on a Christmas without family and friends), we received a package in the mail containing an Eskimo Joe's shirt for each one of us. Absolutely amazing, this girl. We've all been wearing them proudly. Thank you for thinking of us, Michelle! It really means a lot.

While it was hard to spend Christmas away from family, the kiddos and I are looking forward to our extended vacation to Tulsa in February. Eric, unfortunately, will be pretty much having all of his mail forwarded to OHSU that month. Ahhh...the life of a resident.

Happy New Year EVERYONE!

Hugs to all,
Catrina



Wine Selection: Juno Cabernet*Shiraz*Merlot
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: I think this is a nice, smooth wine--although the finish is kind of weak. Not spectacular, but I'd drink it again.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

Happy New Year!!

January 1, 2009 at 11:28 AM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

Happy New Year!! I have enjoyed reading your blog so much and hearing all the adventures and misadventures of Avery and Wyatt. Looking forward to what 2009 holds for you guys!

...Maybe Avery's secret is in the tea she is drinking :)

January 2, 2009 at 8:45 AM 


Anonymous Michelle had this to say:

YEA! I am so excited to make the blog and even more excited to see that the shirts were the right size and actually fit the kiddos! Can't wait to see you guys in February!

January 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771