New Christmas Tradition
Monday, December 1, 2008

Meet Barnaby.

He is our Elf on the Shelf.



Barnaby was sent directly from Santa to serve as our own special elf. He takes note of all good and bad behavior, and reports them to Santa every night after the kids drift off to sleep. Every day, Barnaby spies from a new location in the house, and it's up to Wyatt and Avery to spot him. Barnaby cannot be touched by humans or else all of his magic will disappear. But we can speak to him and tell him all of our Christmas wishes so he can relay them to Santa. On Christmas Eve, Barnaby returns to the North Pole.

We're very excited to have such a special visitor at our house for the next few weeks. Wyatt has already told Barnaby what he would like Santa to bring him for Christmas. Polar Express trains and garbage (thanks to Wall-E).

Garbage, Wyatt? C'mon kid. You gotta milk this Santa thing for all it's worth. You're being way too easy on the big man.

Avery has surprisingly grown quite fond of our elf house guest as well. I've often caught her waving to him and blowing kisses. Today, she even tried to share her apple with him. What a sweetheart. I'm sure she was just trying to add a little more weight to the "nice" end of the scale. It's all about the style points, didn't you know?

I got even more of a laugh this morning when I picked up Wyatt from preschool. He mentioned that he played a little too rough with some of the other kids. Before I even got a word out, he said, "and Barnaby isn't going to be happy."

I would just like to hug the family who came up with such a brilliant idea!!!






5 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

"Style points!" Love it!

December 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM 


Blogger Sweet Yet Sassy had this to say:

What an awesome idea!!!

Yea for Avery for sharing. Still laughing at Wyatt for taking note of what Barnaby's response will be to his behavior!

December 2, 2008 at 2:03 PM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

This is such a great idea. I think Faith Hill said her kids are more into their elf decoration than Santa. She also hides things for her kids to find in the morning or leaves out half eaten cookies and tells the kids their elf was mischievous last night. Anyways, Barnaby rocks!

December 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM 


Blogger Sara Jansen had this to say:

Wow, that is hilarious & brilliant all in the same breath! I love that Avery blows kisses to Barnaby!!!! I may steal this idea from you once we have kids. CUTE!

December 2, 2008 at 5:28 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

What a great idea! I love how Wyatt and Avery are so into Barnaby! Chris is going to try to find us our own little Elf on the Shelf at lunch today. Thanks for sharing!

December 3, 2008 at 9:44 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771