Snow Day
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a rare treat when it snows in the Willamette Valley where we live. When it started snowing Sunday morning, we assumed we'd have a nice little dusting of powder. Two days later, we're still feeling the mark that Old Man Winter left, and gearing up for more of the same later this week.

It's a good thing we had just purchased snow gear for the kids (thanks to Grandma and Papa Edgar), because Wyatt was bouncing off the walls in anticipation of throwing his first snowball of the season. Oh, and don't think we didn't milk it for all it was worth. Wyatt gladly scarfed down every morsel of his breakfast, said please and thank you, and even cleaned up his toys before venturing out to the winter wonderland.

Bundling him up from head to toe in snow gear seemed to take most of the morning, but he finally made it out of the house and to the steep hills of the playground at the end of our street for some good, old-fashioned trash can lid sledding.

He even made snow angels, which was cool--especially since Eric nor I ever taught him how. I suppose the credit should go to some of his Playhouse Disney pals, probably Tigger and Pooh (those little sleuthes are always up to no good :-)). He also found that tackling his Daddy is so much more fun in the snow.

His favorite neighbor and gal pal, Carina, also joined in the on the fun. He's always so excited to see her, and they play together really well, which makes goodbye's really tough on both of them. But it usually ends on a happy note as long as hugs are exchanged...followed by the unintentional tackle, of course.

Hug

Tackle

But Carina is no stranger to Wyatt's naughty tricks, and is usually very quick to forgive (more quick than I think she oughta). They completed their frosty outing with a stroll across the park. So sweet, these two. Is it obvious that I'm already planning the wedding?






1 Comments:
Blogger Shelley had this to say:

What fun! I think you guys had more snow than us...our snow wasn't worth the effort of getting bundled up!

December 16, 2008 at 6:59 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771