Stage Fright
Tuesday, December 2, 2008

At bible study this morning, all of the kiddos were scheduled to perform a few musical numbers they had been diligently rehearsing over the past several weeks. I was so excited to see how Wyatt would handle his first group performance (the tiny tots in Avery's class didn't perform). I had a sneaking suspicion, however, that it all hinged on whether or not he would see me in the audience.

Just as I suspected, he maintained such big boy composure until he caught first glimpse of his mommy. Then, I'm afraid, he turned to complete mush. Poor guy. It must have been quite a frightening experience to look out into a big crowd of wide-eyed mommies grinning from ear to ear.

He's pretty easy to spot in this video. He's wearing the green and blue striped sweater.






3 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Oh, that is too sweet! He's such a little man.

December 2, 2008 at 6:01 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

That is too sweet how he was calling for you! Did he sit with you for the rest of the program? After seeing Wyatt's reaction to the situation, I'm actually kind of glad that Brayden was sick...I think he would have been totally overwhelmed!

December 3, 2008 at 9:33 AM 


Blogger Shelly and Jared had this to say:

I love that you were laughing through the whole thing. he may hold that against you someday but until then, I laughed right along with you! so glad you got it on tape.

December 10, 2008 at 9:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771