Beam Me Up, Scotty
Thursday, January 15, 2009


Wyatt and I had a very unique experience at the Marriott last night. I wish I could say our visit was for pleasure, but the Marriott is actually the place in which OHSU's Pediatric Sleep Clinic is located. Oh, yes. We've finally bitten the bullet to have Wyatt tested for a sleep disorder.

We knew very little about what to expect other than the fact that some poor technician would have the glorious opportunity to affix several sensors to the scalp of a three-year-old little boy who can't stand to have his head touched. Lovely.

The tech must have made a great impression on Wyatt because he surprisingly tolerated each and every poke and prod. We also convinced him that, by the end of the process, he'd look like a robot. I'm pretty sure that helped.

Cringing at (but tolerating) the excessive head touching.
(Is it me, or does it look like my little prince is giving me The Bird?)

At bedtime, he crawled into a nice, cozy, king-sized bed and fell fast asleep--each little sensor capturing various stages of sleep, bodily movements, and breathing patterns. He actually had a pretty decent night, with only one prolonged awakening, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing in relation to the sleep study. But we'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the results since there will be over 800 pages of data to analyze.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the experience and very proud of my little robot from outer space. He thought he looked pretty cool, too.






3 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

What a brave boy he is. I know Spencer would never tolerate that. I can't help but think God must have been watching over your little guy and helping him get through it. Good luck! I hope you get some answers!

January 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

All I can say is WOW! I don't even think that I could sleep with all those sensors stuck to my head and face. Not only did Wyatt sleep with them, but it sounds like he slept BETTER than he does at home...what a crazy kid! LOL!

January 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

What a brave boy Wyatt is! Hopefully you will get some answers!

January 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771