Even THIS girl has her limits.
Thursday, January 29, 2009


Typically, for me, anything goes. I try not to sweat the small stuff, or let the opinions of others influence the way I live my life. It's not uncommon for me to be seen in public without makeup (although I do try to make such outings as brief as possible), or just after a smelly, sweaty run. I suppose it's due in part to the fact that I really don't think I look all that bad without makeup, and partly because I just really don't care what strangers think of me (non-strangers I may run into already understand this about me and realize that I am indeed capable of showering and looking presentable when the occasion calls for such things).

But I must say that I absolutely draw the line when it comes to having my teeth publicly whitened in the middle of a crowded mall. I can't believe people actually do this! Surely not, I thought to myself yesterday, as I strolled by the makeshift circle of compact dental chairs and technicians in white coats and masks waiting patiently for unsuspecting mall-goers in need of a quick fix. But sure enough, I watched with wide eyes as a gentleman confidently took his seat. Embarrassed for the poor guy, I quickly proceeded onward--left with only my imagination of some dude's coffee stained teeth on public display just in time for the lunchtime rush. Shudder.







2 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

I saw that, I think it was in Washington Square! Too funny!

January 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM 


Blogger Starr had this to say:

I'll up the ante and say that those chair massages in public are just as weird. Leave all "procedures" done to the body behind closed doors please! Ha!

January 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771