Life Goes On
Friday, January 9, 2009

For some college football fans, losing the national title game is the end of the world. Sure. I was completely frustrated and disappointed with the missed opportunities and interceptions, but it certainly was not the end of the world. In fact, I spent the rest of the evening drowning my sorrows in two full hours of riveting medical drama on television (after all, who wouldn't feel better after watching a doctor "get in on" with her doctor boyfriend while in the presence of her dead fiance? Bizarre, yes. But hysterically entertaining nonetheless).

Eric, on the other hand, spent the rest of the evening drowning his sorrows the way he usually does when his team loses. And so far, my somewhat minimal assessment of the garage this morning indicated no permanent damage to the walls or my precious elliptical (the only two things I really care about out there), so I suppose I'll cut him some slack. Hehe! Besides, I think his lounge pants suffered the brunt of it and will sadly need to be retired.

Sports aggression. It's an ugly thing.






2 Comments:
Blogger Courtney had this to say:

I was too tired to stay up and watch Greys! And I found quite a few beer bottles in our kitchen this morning.

January 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Would it be rude to say that my team won? At least we weren't playing each other.

Oh, how I love Grey's... I think my favorite part this week was the banter between Sloane and Callie. They're my favorite.

January 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771