60 Years
Monday, February 9, 2009

Eric's grandparents, Hayden and Odessa celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this month. 60 YEARS! In a society which gives married couples a less than 5% chance of ever achieving such status (US Census Bureau), I'd say this is certainly an occasion worthy of celebration and (much to their chagrin) deserving of a little recognition.

In the 8 years I've known this lovely couple, I've observed nothing but a genuine love for one another. Hayden drives Odessa around town in their old '84 Chevy Impala and always--I mean ALWAYS--warms up the car for her on cold winter nights, which I think is so incredibly sweet (Eric, I said "incredibly sweet". Pay attention). There is such a unique sweetness about Hayden that attracts the likeness of just about everyone--even Avery (that's pretty big).

Odessa, on the other hand, keeps Hayden (and the rest of us) abreast of all the goings-on in relation to politics (loves the radio talk shows), the daily affairs of neighbors, and the stores which are advertising the best deals on laundry detergent. She also makes the greatest Thanksgiving Day stuffing, even though she'll proclaim every time that it's not fit to eat. Odessa has just as much (or even more) spunk as anyone my own age. There truly isn't a dull moment when in their presence, and we often get a few belly laughs out of deal.

This is a couple that not only loves one another, but everyone around them. They have served as such an amazing example for their own children who have sustained long, happy marriages, that it has naturally spilled over into the very young marriages of their grandchildren pictured on the wall behind them.


I can only hope that in 55 more years, Eric and I will be equally as happy and functional in our own marriage (as soon as he figures out that I'm always right) as are Hayden and Odessa.

Congratulations on 60 years, Grandma and Papa Crismon! We all love you very much.

Stephanie, Brett, Hayden, Hayley, Odessa,
Avery, Wyatt, Me, D'Anna, and Donna



Wine Selection: 39 Cabernet Sauvignon
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: Very nice cab with soft tannins.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

That's awesome. And on a side note, I'm still lovin' you as a brunette.

February 10, 2009 at 8:10 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771