BIG SHOT of the Week
Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It seems as though I've been neglecting the Big Shot Series for the past few weeks, but I promise to make up for it when we return from our trip to Oklahoma. We leave for the airport at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning bound for Tulsa. I was hoping to be in bed by now, but as luck would have it, I have a child who can't stop coughing long enough to fall asleep. Oh yes, I will be THAT mom on the airplane--the one with snotty-nosed kids hacking up a lung, exposing every other person on the flight to the same disgusting germs. Ah, yes. I despise moms like me. Not really. I pity them. I hope such pity is granted to me tomorrow. Let's just say I have a quadruple venti espresso of some sort already calling my name. Sigh...

To hold you over until we recover from The Plague, here is a beautiful photo Eric took of Mt. Rainier in August 2007.


It's a shame that such a massive, beautiful mountain remains hidden behind the clouds most days out of the year. In fact, the first two out of three days we visited the National Park, the cloud cover was so thick that we were driving around with absolutely no clue of the enormity of what stood before us. Fortunately, on the third day we were blessed with blue skies, allowing us to ooh and ahh over its beauty and actually come close to capturing it on camera (although pictures never do it justice).

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

GORGEOUS. Wow. God is good.

February 4, 2009 at 8:30 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771