Buckaroo Birthday!
Monday, February 16, 2009

I can't say that I've ever driven 2 hours just to go to a birthday party. But this wasn't just any birthday party. It was a bash designed especially for buckin' little broncos (like my Wyatt), and dainty little cowgirls (like my Avery).

(Hey, no one said anything about being graceful...
especially in 3-inch heels!)


As usual, Wyatt made himself at home as he gave all of the guys a good "long time no see" tackle (ordered directly from Daddy). Then he moved on to his favorite pasttime--aggravating and tormenting little tots by sabotaging their play.

I'm fairly certain it wasn't this poor kid's idea to drag 42 lbs of
dead weight across the gymnasium floor like a human dust mop.

Being the pro he thinks he is with birthday parties, Wyatt had no problem taking the reigns as Party Coordinator. He was quite vocal (more like bossy) as to the progression of events. Present-opening first...then cake...then pinata...and that was that.

Overseeing all cake-cutting details
(and hoping for a little frosting to flake off the spatula and strategically land inside his mouth).


It wasn't Wyatt's first experience with a pinata, so he was well aware of the contents that lay within the oversized cowboy boot. While he gave a valiant effort, I'm afraid he still needs a couple of years of practice to earn the coveted title of Sugar High Hero.

Meanwhile...back at the ranch...Avery found herself trading her cowgirl hat in for a tiara, for she decided it was much more fun to be treated like royalty.

Oh, you didn't know that princesses these days
come with their very own scooter chauffeur?

She also fell head over heels for a little prince named Nathan. They spent most of the party on the bleachers, where he was trying to impress her with talk of his mad basketball skills.


Grant and Amanda put on such an amazing party for their 3-year-old little boy, Evan, who is just as sweet as sugar. And I'm so glad it worked out so that we were able to celebrate such a special day with him.


We miss not living near some of our dearest friends, but as is the case with most genuine friendships, it takes no time at all to just pick up where we left off. And watching our kids interact and develop their own friendships with one another is absolutely priceless.

The girls that keep the friendships of our husbands alive.
(Courtney, Me, Avery, Amanda, and little Lyla Jo--isn't she so precious?)




Wine Selection: Foxglove Chardonnay
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: I think I've realized that I'm not a big fan of unoaked chardonnays.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Don't worry Avery. I look the very same way in heels.

February 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771