She's got a bit of warming up to do.
Friday, February 6, 2009

Just as suspected, our flight into Tulsa was nothing short of horrendous. But we survived. And we now have a plentiful supply of lollipops, brownies, and other goodies that sympathetic passengers shoved our way in an effort to console the sick and miserable children sitting on either side of me (thank God for grandmas!). I tried not to claim the little mongrols, but my attempts proved futile as they climbed on me like monkeys, clung to me like koala bears, and incessantly cried, "Mommy!" I'm just so thankful the grandparents were waiting just outside the terminal when we arrived because I was mere seconds away from breaking down and crying for my own Mommy.

Wyatt saw Eric's parents and, wouldn't you know, was miraculously healed...for a couple of hours, at least. Avery, on the other hand, resorted to snobbery by giving everyone a "once-over" before dramatically turning her head away from anyone who gave her even the slightest glance. Needless to say, she was not very happy about where she ended up after spending several grueling hours on an airplane. After all of that hard work, she must have been expecting Mickey Mouse or something. Her attitude didn't improve much throughout the evening, as she repeatedly grabbed my face, turned it toward her own, and demanded, "Shoes on and GO!" And if no one was going to put her shoes on for her, then by golly, she was going to do it herself.


She still has a little warming up to do, but we're definitely making progress. We've found that as long as I'm not around for her to cling to, then she'll play and interact with anyone. Umm...no worries...I can certainly arrange that. Anyone up for coffee or drinks after work? Boy, living close to the grandparents really has its perks, doesn't it? Makes me sometimes rethink this whole residency-in-Portland-having-kids-away-from-family thing.


She has a soft spot for stuffed animals.
Ask her to hug a human...not a chance.



Wine Selection: Black Beret Grenache Syrah
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: I thought this was a very smooth, well balanced wine. I typically like complex wines that leave a unique and lasting impression, but I really enjoyed this one. (Eric, as a now pretentious Chianti drinker, you wouldn't appreciate this wine. Too fruity for you, my dear. Ha!).

Labels:






5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Technically, I am a pretentious sangiovese drinker. So far I've like the Washington sangioveses better than the Tuscan Chiantis. So I can't be that pretentious.

February 7, 2009 at 1:38 AM 


Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

"Shoes on and GO!" That is so funny! I love it! I don't even know how to say sangiovese! Have a great trip.

February 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM 


Blogger Rachel had this to say:

HA! I have GOT to meet this little girl. Any chance she could snub me here in Utah? :)

February 7, 2009 at 5:49 PM 


Blogger Shelly had this to say:

Glad to know I'm not the only one not looking forward to ANY air travel.

Hmm - in analyzing that last photo - it looks like grandma and grandpa have a room for the kidos? WOW!

February 7, 2009 at 10:36 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Well at least you have the flight home to look forward to!

We'll see you next weekend at Evan's party!

February 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771