Is YOUR Family Prepared?
Friday, March 13, 2009

There are just some people you meet in life whose faith in Christ absolutely astounds you. Tara Newby is one of them. Many of my Christian friends have positively influenced my walk with God over the years, and I'm forever thankful for them. But in light of the recent, tragic death of her husband Preston, I'm marveled by the strength, courage, honesty, and humor that Tara has built in to the armor of God she clothes herself in each and every day as the thief tries (and miserably fails) to steal, kill, and destroy her spirit. Through her experience, I have a much greater understanding of the importance of relying on your faith in God to carry your burdens during times of despair, and Tara never fails to give the credit to Him. She is truly an amazing individual.

In the six months since Preston's death, Tara has influenced so many people in so many ways. One of her recent efforts includes educating others of the importance of having life insurance. Tragedy can strike anyone at any age, which is why it is so important for your family to be prepared for the unexpected. I'd like to share a recent video that Farmers Insurance put together to help Tara communicate her message. Please be aware that the video is a little emotional. Have the tissues handy.



Please pray for Tara, her 2-year-old son Jacob, and their new baby boy due to arrive in only a few short weeks. If you are interested in following her throughout their journey, check out her blog.






2 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

Wow, Catrina. Thanks for sharing. She seems like an amazing person.

March 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM 


Blogger Courtney had this to say:

Wow, you weren't kidding about the tissues. I'll pray for her and her boys

March 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771