Let's Get Ready to Rumble!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eric's grandfather, Hayden, possesses such a fine appreciation for old, vintage cars that he has devoted many years of his life to restoring them back to pristine condition. One car in particular holds very special meaning for many in Eric's family--the 1930 Model A Sport Coupe. It's as if when you look at its flawless, brilliant coat of paint, you also catch a glimpse of the many years of blood, sweat, and tears that went in to creating such perfection. It truly is a priceless gem.


On our last day in Tulsa, Hayden was kind enough to not only let Wyatt and Avery explore the Model A, but also took them for a spin around the block. Lucky ducks.

Chillin' in the rumble seat


Goin' for a spin
(hard to believe that 5 people can fit in this car!)



Wine Selection: AutoMoto Chardonnay
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: A silky, buttery texture. I'm not sure I like it enough to buy it again, but I think it's a decent chardonnay. Certainly an appropriate wine selection for today's post.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Anonymous leah had this to say:

Looks like they had too much fun in the rumble seat! I can't believe how big the kids are... seems just yesterday Wyatt was born. And now he looks like a little man!

March 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771