Milk. It Does A Body Good.
Sunday, March 8, 2009


As I examined the contents of my grocery cart yesterday and realized just how many dairy products we consume as a family, I started to wonder if it might actually be cheaper to buy a cow. Between the whole milk, fat free milk, yogurt, string cheese, snack cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and American cheese that occupies space in my cart week after week, I found it to be a very strange, yet plausible consideration.

But then mental images of Eric trying to milk a cow in a shirt and tie just before heading to the hospital to perform a spinal tap flooded my mind, followed by hysterical laughter. (Why Eric and not me, you ask? Well, after serving as a milk factory myself at one time, I could never bring myself to inflict such torture on another mother, even that of the bovine variety).

Yes, I understand it's quite ridiculous to actually be contemplating the purchase of a farm animal, but so is consuming so much dairy. Ridiculous, I tell you. What can I say...we like strong bones around here.


Wine Selection: Cavatappi Sangiovese
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: Since Eric is on a chianti/sangiovese kick, we've been pairing them with Italian dishes that are heavy on the marinara sauce. I have only had a few sangioveses, and this is by far my favorite.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Starr had this to say:

I know some families who can't have any dairy...just the thought of that stresses me out! What do they eat!?!

March 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771