BOOTY-licious!
Monday, April 27, 2009



We're hanging out in Seattle this week while Eric attends the AAN (American Academy of Neurology) conference. We rented a great place right on Lake Union with an incredible view of the Space Needle (Unfortunately, I forgot the USB cable, so pictures will have to wait. Sorry.) Before making the drive to the beloved Emerald City, I purchased a rather large bag of Pirate's Booty--a snack item Avery has both tried, and rejected, in the past. But in my efforts to supplement her current dietary staples of ranch dressing and, well...ranch dressing, I decided to reintroduce it. As it turns out, the Pirate's Booty was quite a success. In fact, when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast the next morning (just to humor myself), she excitedly boomed, "Booty, Mama!! I want some booty!"

Ah...booty for breakfast. That's a first.

Our agenda for the week primarily consists of finding some great running spots, and touring all of the microbreweries in the area (yes, you can actually spend an entire week doing such a thing in the Pac NW). The kids and I may decide to hit the aquarium and the Space Needle; although, it's a feat I'm not quite sure I'm eager to conquer on my own. Quite honestly, I'm exhausted with just the thought of it. So, I suppose it just depends on how stir-crazy we get. Right now, Wyatt and Avery seem to be doing a fine job on the in-house entertainment front, so hopefully, that will be enough to sustain me for the few hours each day that Eric is in lecture.

Let's hope.






1 Comments:
Blogger Alex and Ashley had this to say:

Everybody in my house loves Booty!
We're heading up tomorrow and I haven't even starting packing! Hope to see you guys soom!

April 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771