Eggs to 'Dye' For
Sunday, April 12, 2009


"Wyatt, are you ready to dye some Easter eggs?"
(concerned)
"Mommy, I don't wanna die!"


Dye, paint, and eggs. Three items I typically avoid like the plague when engaging my children in arts and craft projects. However, I do have one exception in which I'm willing to risk a few big spills, and sacrifice a few articles of clothing. EASTER!


It was Avery's first attempt at dyeing eggs, and the experience only solidified our most recent suspicion that a new personality trait has emerged within our sweet little monkey. She does it her way all the way, or no way at all.

She became quite the pro at "plopping" the eggs in the dye--amused by the colorful splash it would create. Then she would stir. And stir. And stir. Before finally insisting that she retrieve the vibrantly colored egg. By herself.

Here is the result of one such effort.

The Avery Egg...in all of its brokenness.
(Hey, it adds character)

Wyatt, on the other hand, played by the rules and ended up with a final product with which he fell madly in love. Out of all of the eggs he decorated, he developed quite an intense liking for a rather boring, although perfectly in-tact, blue egg.

So proud.



So fond.

SO.WEIRD?

Eric and I were a little envious of all of the fun Wyatt and Avery were having that we later conducted our own date night "egg"stravaganza, complete with wine and thought-provoking conversation. One of the funnest dates I've ever had.

Top row: Catrina's eggs
Bottom row: Eric's eggs

Wine Selection: Black Slate Pinot Noir
Personal Rating: **Fair**
Comments: I'm not a huge pinot fan. I've tried (and will continue to try) to appreciate Oregon's premier grape, but I just don't know if it's in the cards for me.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger The Walrus had this to say:

Ha! Eric draws "scary" faces *exactly* the same way he did 25 years ago!!! Thanks for bringing me back some memories, Catrina!

April 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM 


Blogger Shelley had this to say:

Hmmmm...maybe if I would have let the kids get a little messier, we all would have had more fun dyeing Easter eggs! So, the Black Slate Pinot wasn't so good, huh? I think we'll save ours for summer so we can enjoy it outside....maybe sitting in the warm sun will make it taste better! LOL

April 14, 2009 at 10:07 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771