Spring Blossom Excursion
Monday, April 20, 2009

Mount Hood Railroad hosted their annual Spring Blossom event this past weekend. It was one of the few activities we have wanted to check off our list of things to do in Oregon, and the weather could not have been more perfect. We departed the train depot bound for the tiny (and I mean tiny) little town of Parkdale, taking in the amazing views of the fruit orchards and snow-capped volcanoes along the way.

We only had an hour to explore Parkdale (leaving only enough time to sample some microbrews and Oregon's finest Tillamook ice cream) before we had to board again, but it was such a quaint little town. We would have loved to spend an entire afternoon there. Wyatt and Avery enjoyed themselves (especially the ice cream), although the 90-minute train ride to and fro was a little bit exhausting for them.

Here is a little slideshow of our afternoon chugging through the Hood River Valley.






Wine Selection: Tre Nova Sangiovese Bonatello 2006
Personal Rating: ****Excellent****
Comments: This is the wine the sent Eric into a frenzy trying to learn everything about sangiovese, his new favorite wine. The Tre Nova continues to be his number one choice, and I must admit, it's a pretty darn good wine that goes perfectly with italian marinara dishes. It's also a great wine to drink by itself.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Shelly had this to say:

I love the slide show. I'm hesitant to say this but some of those post ice cream Wyatt photos with the shades are a bit Bob Dylan-esque. He's so cute (Wyatt, not Bob).

April 20, 2009 at 11:59 PM 


Blogger Carmen had this to say:

I cant see the slide show! You have to send me some pics or post some on facebook for me. :)

April 21, 2009 at 6:41 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771