365 DAYS....and counting.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The countdown to grown-up life has officially begun. I hope that doesn't mean I'm setting myself up for what will seem like a very long year ahead. But it probably does.


Eric's graduation banquet was this past weekend. Residency. Over. Not quite sure I believe it. I think I'm still waiting for Eric to drop the I-want-to-specialize-in-something-else bomb, or to tell me he's going back to college to obtain the degree in Meteorology he always wanted. Seriously. The man leaves no stone unturned. For his wife, such an attribute can be a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Rumors have been circulating as to where we'll be settling once Eric completes his Neuromuscular Fellowship next June. However, I'm afraid it is still a little too early to officially confirm or deny those rumors. I guess you'll just have to stay tuned for the big announcement later this fall. Oh, the suspense!

At any rate, I'm really proud of Eric for not only excelling in his residency program, but for his ability to balance work and family life. It's tough to do when the demands at work are high, but the kids and I never felt slighted. In fact, he took every opportunity to engage the family in fun, memorable activities during his time off, and as a result we've explored nearly every square mile of the Pacific Northwest!

Congratulations Eric. I'm so proud of you!

Wine Selection: Kiona Sangiovese 2003 Estate
Personal Rating: ***Good***
Comments: A great medium-bodied red that can easily be enjoyed with an Italian dish or by itself. Very well-balanced.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Rachel had this to say:

Congratulations!!! Can you believe the end is finally in sight?

I also want to commend Eric on his balancing act - no easy task, for sure. I'm always impressed when I read about your adventures on his time off and think "man, I would just want to SLEEP!" Way to go, seriously.

June 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM 


Blogger Laura had this to say:

Congratulations to all of you for getting through the residency years and having so much fun and adventure along the way!! We hope you decide to come back to our part of the country one day...we would love to show you the hiking and camping there is in the Ozarks. They even have some wineries around here but I am pretty sure the quality is no where near the Pacific Northwest's! Congratulations again and I bet this next year goes by fast too!!

July 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM 


Blogger Annie had this to say:

Congratulations to your sweet family! I don't mean to be selfish, BUT (now I am going to be selfish) I sure hope you land in Tulsa!!

July 16, 2009 at 10:32 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





 



DSC_0014

My Wine Personality:
For the most part I’m a chardonnay, as I consider myself to exhibit a somewhat sunny and mellow disposition (most of the time), but because I find a tremendous amount of joy out of showering my two kids with hugs and kisses, I also possess the subtle sweetness often found in a riesling. But don’t be fooled. I love a great outdoor adventure and am willing to try anything once. This occasional display of boldness is thought to match that of a cabernet, whereas my appreciation for nature suggests that I have an earthy component to my personality—very characteristic of a merlot. (more)

 



“Wine rejoices the heart of man and joy is the mother of all virtues.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1771